Sunday, February 26, 2012

Phishing attempt on yatra.com website


I was booking flight tickets on this Sunday morning. It was around 9:45. After selecting the flight I moved towards payment gateway. The payment server could not respond in proper manner and connection dropped.

Then a  phone call came as surprise to me from +911243953200. The person claiming to be representative of yatra.com asked me if there was some problem in making payments. He had all the details of passenger. He told me that there was some problem with payment server and they were sorting it out. I asked when this problem will get resolved and told him that i will get reservation done after that.The person responsible tried talk to me 3-4 times. there was missed call on my phone more than 10 times. He insisted to me that I should login to alternate site and make payment there. the site name was similar to yatra but not same. I got suspicious and asked him his name. On this he hanged up the phone. I tried to call back to confirm my doubt but telephone says "dialled number does not exist.." .

I think some phising was going one with support of some employee of yatra.com. The company should look into such incident and identify the culprit. I have submitted this story to yatra.com complaints. Hope to hear from them.

1 comment:

Abhishek Ghosh said...

Same thing happened with me today, its serious!